Monday 5 January 2015

First Local Online Shopping experience

It's not my intention to write my first bad review when the 2015 has just begun, but here goes...

Despite the feedback I've read from Google, I ordered an Acer Aspire Switch 10 through Lazada Philippines last December 12, 2014. The process went smoothly at first. A representative called to confirm my order and advised me to track its status via their website. They also stated that I would have it within 1-7 days.

By December 16, 2014, I received an email that my order has been fully shipped through a third party carrier 2GO. They supplied me a new tracking number that I would have to enter in 2GO's tracking page. I used it and the website came with 0 search results.

On December 29, 2014, the package came.

Lo and behold! They delivered to me a selfie-pod/monopod. The courier himself knew that it was a far cry from the parcel I was expecting (He has a copy of my transaction from Lazada).  He told me that it must have been switched in the warehouse and would report the incident to the main office. He suggested that I call Lazada to verify the status of my order.

I called Lazada up and told them in detail what had happened. They emailed me stating that I should make sure to accomplish their return form. I wrote a narrative reported of the incident and told them that I hadn't filled up a return form since I never even got to hold parcel. The representative replied that I email them a scanned copy of the return receipt issued by 2GO.

I called 2GO once more only to find out that the status of my order is "refused to accept", which I duly informed Lazada again.

I visited 2GO's tracking page, which "finally" displayed the status of my package. Alas! It states : "UNDELIVERED - Reason: REFUSED TO ACCEPT CANCELLED". I contacted 2GO to verify this new information and was advised that I reorder the product from Lazada.

I'm not sure who's or, maybe, what's to blame in this scenario. I understand that it was at the peak of the holiday season. I was willing to accept the fact that the deliver came late and the item delivered didn't reconcile what's on the paper. After all, it was Christmas. I'm not the only one with the grand idea to order online along with hundreds of other consumers. But the last straw was the status I read from 2GO's tracking page. Firstly, I didn't refuse it. Their courier refused to give me the item. Secondly, I didn't cancel my order. I simply acknowledged the mistake and was willing to wait the correct item to be delivered.

If you're asking me if I'll reorder the product online, the answer is no. It's a waste of time to wait for several weeks only to be disappointed again.

Perhaps I'll order a product from them when there's a distinct improvement on their services.

No comments:

Post a Comment