Friday 23 August 2013

New Release: Journey, Chapter 18

Tropical Storm Maring had caused a lot of destruction in the Philippines this week. Everyone has been affected by the torrential rains last Tuesday.

At six in the morning, we woke up only to find that flood waters had already entered the ground floor. Jigger, one of our dogs, had run downstairs ahead of us and got disoriented after landing on water. Her head looking down and a foreleg raised. LOL! But she recovered quickly and seemed to enjoy playing in the flood like a little kid. She looked like she just took a bath when she came up to the second floor.

It would have been more amusing if we weren't so harassed in rescuing our things from the water. There was nothing we could do about the family car by then. Sadly, I was not able to help long after slipping down the wet stairs and injuring my foot. The fall was really bad. The whole house heard the impact when I landed on my rear. Thankfully, I didn't fracture anything. I have a nice bruise as souvenir, though.

With nothing to do and to distract myself from the pain, I finished Dragon Heir by Gem Higa in Wattpad. It won the Watty Awards last year, 2010. If you're into dragons and kick-ass heroines, I recommend this to you, dear reader. But beware, the author is currently making revisions to the story.

It's not the only thing I've been doing, though. I continued writing my story. After completing a chapter, it got me thinking of turning the novel into a series. I want to focus on specific issues in this book but there are certain things that keep on emerging as Journey progresses. After giving it much thought, I  finally decided that I would write book 2. I'm really nervous about this because the idea never really crossed my mind until now.

Now that it has a sequel, I've created another title for it. Journey is now part of Liyanna Series. So, if you wish to search for the novel in Wattpad, just type M.C. Babasa (author's name) or Liyanna Series. I'm still open for ideas in the series' title. So if you wish to make suggestions, please feel free to comment below.

To date, I've made certain changes in the overview, posted a Characters list for reference, and the newest is Chapter 18. It's in the point of view of Kristina's friend Mindy.

No comments:

Post a Comment